Kompot is a very popular homemade Russian drink. Not to mention its so easy and quick to make. I used this recipe all winter because its with frozen fruits but you can use fresh if you like. You can drink it warm or chilled. I personally like mine cold especially on a hot summer day! Its perfect.
Its been so gloomy here the past few day! Glad i took pictures before the weekend.
Apple-Berry Kompot (Homemade Juice)
- 20 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries(strawberries,blackberries,blueberries and raspberries)
- 3 large apples
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Add the fruits to a large pot, Then add the water
- Turn the heat to high, as soon as it comes to a boil add the sugar and mix
- Turn the heat to low and cover most of the pot with a lid, keep on a small boil for an hour and a half
- Take off heat and let it cool off before refrigerating
- Strain once cool (optional)
- Best when refrigerated overnight
Enjoy Would love to hear your guys favorite fruit combinations for kompot. Comment below