I don’t know about you guys, but i defiantly don’t cook enough with fish. I will be posting a few new recipes with fish in the next few weeks
Before leaving on vacation I like to use up everything in my fridge so it doesn’t go bad. So before we left to Mexico I threw this all together and it turned out SO good and I knew I had to share with the recipe you guys. My hubby absolutely loves this new dish and whats even better it’s one of those super quick recipes to prep and make
I hope you guys enjoy my creation and I would also love if you guys would leave feedback and reviews in the comment sections after trying out my recipes. It honestly means the world to me
p.s Thank you to those that already do that!
Baked Pacific Cod in Tomato Vegetable Sauce
- 5 Wild Pacific Cod Fillets (or basa)
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 3 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Zucchinis, Diced
- 5 garlic Cloves, Minced
- 796 ml-28 oz Canned Whole Tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Basil (plus extra for fish)
- Mrs, Dash Seasoning
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add 1 tbsp oil, onions and carrots to a large skillet, on medium heat saute for 5 minutes (mixing occasionally)
- Add the zucchini, garlic and basil.
- Meanwhile blend or puree the tomatoes from the can.
- Add the pureed tomatoes to the vegetable mixture, Salt to taste.
- Once the sauce comes to a slight boil remove from heat.
- To a large baking dish add the cod fillets and generously spice both sides with Mrs, dash seasoning.
- Sprinkle the fish with basil and salt as well.
- Add the vegetable and tomato sauce over the fish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
Enjoy And please share you creations on FB or Instagram with me @doublesidedspoon #doublesidedspoon
Have a great day everyone