Biskvit is a moist Russian Sponge cake. Not like a lot of the typical Russian cakes that require a lot of work, this is the easiest recipe ever!
I’m sure we all have that one “go to” cake. Well this one is mine, it takes so fast to whip up, and you probably have all the ingredients in your home right now! Only 6 ingredients for the cake and cream plus the frozen berries! and viol-la you have your self a delicious cake, that tastes like you put so much work into it I love the frozen berries topped on this cake, you can also put a layer inside if you want more, It gives it a nice “sourish” taste if you know what i mean..
If you use cake box mix please never again, this will take you faster then a cake box mix and its so much better!!
Thanks to my cousin vickie for sharing this recipe with me
Biskvit with Berries (Moist Russian Sponge Cake)
- 7 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Litre Cool Whip
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Icing Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1-2 Cups Frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a round 9 inch round cake pan and grease.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar on high with an electric mixer until it has tripled in size, about 10 minutes.
- Then slowly fold in the flour until smooth.
- Add the cake batter to the lined and greased cake pan, and bake for about 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the pan.
- Once it has cooled cut it in half with a big rigid knife, or take a long thread wrap it around 2 fingers and slowly cut it in half almost like with a saw motion.
- To a bowl add the cool whip, sour cream and icing sugar and with an electric blender mix for a couple minutes until fluffy.
- Put the bottom layer of the cake on the dish/plate you will be serving it on and spread a little layer of cream, then add the top layer of cake and cream the top and sides.
- With your spatula kinda of tap all over the whole sides of the cake to get that wavy look.
- Top off with frozen berries.
- Refrigerate over night or a couple of hours.
Enjoy More delicious dessert recipes coming your way.