EVERYONE these sandwiches will be one of your favorites as soon as you try them!!! They are so good and addicting, the fried breaded zucchini and the garlic mayo just wrap this bad boy up together
Don’t worry if you don’t like zucchini, chances are you will love these, my brother in law does not like them and wont eat zucchini so I told him its something else, and he kept on saying how good these are. I broke the news to him once he ate a few of these already haha
These are perfect for your dinner parties or just an appetizer! Enjoy it guys and please share your creations with me on social media! Nothing makes me happier then to see what you made from my site Have a great day folks!
Breaded Zucchini and Tomato Sandwiches
- 1Baguette (I use wholewheat) (Slice, about 1 cm)
- 1 Zucchini, Sliced, about ½ cm (Should have about 22)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced into circles
- ½ Cup Panko
- Pinch of each Basil, Seasoning Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced ( taste to see how strong you want the garlic to taste)
- Oil For Frying
- 2 Paper towel sheets
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
- Add the Panko, Basil, Seasoning Salt and Black Pepper to a small bowl, mix together.
- To your largest skillet add a layer of oil just enough to cover the bottom of the whole pan.
- Turn on high heat until oil is hot, then switch the heat to medium-high and take a zucchini, dip it in the egg and then dip both sides of the zucchini into the seasoned Panko.
- Carefully put the coated zucchini into the oil, repeat with all of the zucchini slices.
- Once the zucchini is slightly starting to golden brown, flip sides.
- To a large plate add 2 layers of paper towel and add the finished zucchini (so it soaks up the oil and the zucchini doesn’t get soggy)
- In a little cup mix in the mayo with the minced garlic clove.
- Then take a slice of baguette, spread a nice little layer of the mayo mixture, then add the ready zucchini and top it off with a slice of tomato.
- Best served immediately (cut everything in advance and prepare before serving)
Enjoy And please share you creations on FB or Instagram with me @doublesidedspoon #doublesidedspoon
Also you can now fin me on PINTEREST
Have a great day everyone