Bruschetta is a Italian appetizer that is super delicious, fresh and is simple to make.
We go to this one restaurant called Original Joe’s and i always order their bruschetta its a bit different then the other ones i have tried so i imitated the recipe and it pretty much tastes exactly the same so now I’m excited to be making it at home and eating it whenever i want to:) The difference between my recipe is that i use cilantro instead of parsley it tastes great but if you don’t like cilantro i would recommend to use parsley instead.
This appetizer is great to make for dinner parties or just for yourself !
- French white baguette, cut slices about 1/2 inch
- 1 cup grated cheese(mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone, emmental)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dred basil
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- salt to preference
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cookie sheet and cover with parchment paper
- Cut the bread and layout on the cookie sheet then top with cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes(until golden brown)
- Cut the tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and mince the garlic
- Add the basil, olive oil and mix all together
- Once the bread is out of the oven top them off with the tomato mix and garnish with Parmesan cheese
This dish serves 2-4