In yesterdays post i mentioned it was a gloomy day, and suddenly a couple hours later all the clouds went away and the sunshine came out. So I was excited to photograph a couple recipes for you guys since natural lighting is best for photos And I’m no professional photographer I have no gear just a camera and girl on a mission to capture nice photos of my recipes for you guys.
So today I’m sharing another Russian recipe! It can be used as salad or a spread. When making this salad you can put less or more garlic/mayo. Normally I put a couple garlic’s in and taste it to see if its enough. In this recipe you really wanna taste the garlic. It gives it that nice kick!
Creamy Garlic Beet Salad/Spread
- 5 medium size Beets
- 3 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 heaping tbsp Mayonnaise
- sea salt
- Add the whole beets (unpeeled) to a large pot, cover with water
- Turn heat on high as soon as the water boils bring it down to a medium/low and have them on a light boil for about an hour to an hour and a half, Depending on the size (You will know when they are ready by poking the beet with a knife and it will be smooth like butter)
- Once the beets are ready, drain the water and cool off in fridge
- Then peel the skin off with a knife and shred
- To the shredded beats add the garlic mayo and mix well
- Salt to preference
- Refrigerate or serve immediately