I love the idea of adding Veggies into meat, especially if you have toddlers or kids, You sneak them in and they have no idea, and on top of that it adds nice flavor to it! Its a win win situation
My toddler used to be so picky and he did not want to eat meat at all BUT when I came up with these patties he absolutely loved them and kept on eating them! I was one happy mama Plus my hubby loved these too so we eat these up quick! Who doesn’t love a good moist meatball (kotleti)
Meatballs with Vegetables (Kotleti)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Eggplant, Peeled and Shredded
- 1 Zucchini, Shredded
- 1 Onion, Diced Thinly (Saute a little if that’s what you prefer)
- 1 Egg
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Adobo Seasoning or Mrs Dash
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt (Salt to taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix very well ( I like to use my hands).
- To a large skillet add enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet, Turn heat to medium-high.
- Once the oil is hot form 1 inch meatballs and flatten.
- Fry each side until its golden brown and cooked through.
- Add ready meatballs to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Best served hot.
Makes about 20
Share your creations on Instagram with me @doublesidedspoon #doublesidedspoon
Also you can find me on PINTEREST