These mini Russian cakes (yozhiki) are so delicious and moist and the perfect serving if you can just stop at one They are very easy to make and not as time consuming as it may seem! Serve these at your next party and you will not disappoint! Especially with all the holiday parties coming up these next 2 months
I posted a teaser of this on my Instagram page a few weeks ago and I’m so sorry that it too this long for me to share it with you guys. I know a lot of you were waiting for this one!
Also if your not following me on instagram yet, please do! Lots of behind the scene photos and all @doublesidedspoon
Mini Russian Cakes Recipe (Yozhiki)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 200g Sour cream
- 225g Butter
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Can Condensed Sweetend Milk
- 200g butter, softened
- 4 0z Cream Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the eggs, sugar and baking powder with a blender or a kitchen aid mixer.
- Then add in the sour cream, butter and flour, and mix.
- Add parchment paper to a large baking dish and grease. Then add the dough mixture evenly into the dish.
- Bake until golden brown (about 45 minutes) Poke with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Remove the cake with the parchment paper onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cake has cooled you can either cut it in half with a bread knife or take a long piece of string and slide it left and right (like a saw motion) You will get a really clean cut like that.
- Use a cookie cutter or a wine glass to cut out even circles from the cake. Cut as close to each other as you can and save the leftover cake pieces and chop up into crumbs.
- Then to a bowl add the butter and condensed milk and mix. Try the cream and if its too sweet for you add in the cream cheese.
- Take the cut out circle cake pieces and cream the top layer of one and add the another mini cake circle on top. (or you can just do a single mini cake)
- Then either dip the cake pieces into the cream or use a spatula to cover it evenly with the cream and dip the whole outside of the mini cakes with a nice layer of the cake crumbs.
Will be posting many more dessert recipes coming up for your holiday parties