Last night i made these mini stuffed peppers for the first time and I’m absolutely crazy about them, will be making them again soon:) I got the recipe from my mom in law. My husband grew up eating these so he was excited when i made them! Its a great side dish! Top them off with a little bit of sour cream. These are a must make, you wont be disappointed!
- 1 pkg mini bell peppers(15)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 large fresh tomato, shredded
- 1/4 tsp adobo all purpose seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic seasoning
- 1 tsp salt(salt and pepper to preference)
- 3 tbs canola oil or grape seed oil
- Put the rice in a pot and add the boiling water from a tea kettle and cover.
- Meanwhile add the chicken to a hot skillet and fry for a couple minutes on medium heat, once water starts coming out of the chicken add 1 tablespoon oil and the spices and fry for 2 more minutes until there is no more pink on the chicken.
- In another skillet add 2 tablespoons oil, the carrots and onions on medium heat fry for 5 minutes then add the chicken and mix all together.
- Drain the rice from the water and add to the skillet .
- Add the shredded tomato and the juices, mix all together and shimmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Cut off all the heads on the peppers and clean them out.
- Turn on the oven to 350°
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and add to a small casserole dish tightly
- Once you have stuffed all the peppers add water into the dish, just enough to cover half of the peppers
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil
- Bake for an hour and a half
- Serve hot!
This side serves 4