This cake roll is ahhhh-mazing. It is moist and rich in flavor, the cream for this cake roll is one of the best I have made and the cake roll has a little hint of cinnamon, how yummy is that!
I have made this cake roll numerous times and everyone loves it I also had lots of requests to post it, sorry for the long wait. I hope you guys enjoy my recipe.
Moist Coffee Cake Roll Recipe
For The Cake:
- 7 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
For the Cream:
- 1 Egg
- 250 g Cream Cheese
- 1 Packet Unflavored Gelatine (1 tbsp)
- ½ Can Condensed Milk
- 25 oz Cool whip (0.75L)
For the Syrup:
- 5 Tbsp Boiling Water
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Coffee
- 3 Tbsp Irish Cream
For The Topping:
- Milk Chocolate Bar, Grated
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9 x 13 IN – 3 QT baking pan with parchment paper (wax)
- Whisk the eggs and sugar on high with an electric mixer until it has tripled in size, about 10 minutes.
- Then slowly fold in the flour until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon fold in slowly and then pour the mixture into the lined baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Mean while add the egg, cream cheese, gelatin and condensed milk to a bowl and electric mix it until the gelatin has dissolved then add the cool whip and blend on low until its smooth (make sure not to over mix or it will become runny)
- Then cover the cream and refrigerate until it has thickened (about 30 minutes).
- Once the cake is ready pull it out of the baking pan and add to a cooling rack, then take a clean kitchen towel and roll the cake the longer way.
- Once the cake has cooled peel off the wax paper and roll back with towel.
- To a cup add the boiling water, coffee and Irish cream and mix with a spoon.
- Unroll the cake roll and with a tablespoon soak the inside of the roll, using 3⁄4 of the syrup.
- Take the cream out of the refrigerate and cream the inside of the roll using a little more then half of the cream.
- Roll the cake back and put on the platter you will be serving in.
- Soak the top of the roll with the remaining syrup and cream the entire outside of the cake roll
- Cover and let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes before putting it back into the refrigerator.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight and once you are ready to serve the roll, grate the chocolate bar with a cheese grater and sprinkle over the top.
Enjoy And please share you creations on FB or Instagram with me @doublesidedspoon #doublesidedspoon
You can also write reviews below! Have a great day everyone