Iv tried many different potatoes salad and i gotta admit this is the best! This potato salad is definitely a popular and traditional russian salad. Even though everyone might have their own way of making it, I’m excited to share my families recipe with you.
Don’t be intimidated by all the cutting vegetables small, once you get the hang of it, it takes quite fast, and also is so worth. This salad lasts quite some time, as long as you just mix in the mayo and salt before serving it will stay fresh up to a week. I only mix in how much salad we will eat that time.
Also you can add in diced bolongy, i personally like it without meat! Enjoy:)
Olivye – Russian Potato Salad
- 4 yellow fleshed potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 4 eggs
- 4 medium sized dill pickles
- 1 can sweet peas, drained
- Add the potatoes and carrots to a large pot filled with water, once comes to a boil lower the heat to medium-low to always have a small boil
- Boil the carrots for 15 minutes and then take out to cool
- Boil the eggs for 12 min
- Boil the potatoes for about half an hour, start checking at 20 minutes if you can slide your knife through the potato (depending on what size and sort you use)
- Cool all the vegetables off then peel (you can even cool them off in the fridge)
- Cut all the vegetables and dll pickles into small cubes
- Add the peas and mix all together
- Add the salt and mayo to your preference
Enjoy this delicious salad!
p.s. Would love to hear feedback on recipes!