A few months ago I was over at my mom’s helping her make dinner for us and friends and she decided to add some salsa over the fish and see how it would turn out. Not gonna lie but I was a little nervous because I have never heard of that combination, but to my surprise It was the first dish to go at the dinner, Everyone absolutely LOVED it!
I love making this fish on busy days because it is SO quick to prep. When I host I make it a few hours in advance and have it waiting in the fridge before I put it in the oven, don’t you love when you can do that!
You can use any any other favorite fish of yours for the recipe! Personally I don’t like super fishy fish and this one isn’t at all! Tilapia, Cod and Basa would work great as well. My mom usually uses Basa.
Oven-Baked Fish with Salsa
- 10 Sole Fillets
- 4 Carrots, Shredded
- 2 Onions, Diced
- Oil for Frying (about 3 tablespoons)
- 12 Tablespoons Mild Salsa
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Seasoning Salt
- Mrs, Dash Seasoning
- Adobo Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Fry the carrots and onions on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until starting to golden brown (mixing occasionally)
- To a large baking dish add half of the fish fillets, covering the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the fish with Paprika, Seasoning Salt, Mrs, Dash and Adobo Seasoning.
- Spread half of the sauteed Onions, Carrots and half of the salsa over the fish evenly.
- Add another layer of fish fillets and sprinkle with all the seasonings.
- Spread the carrots, onions, salsa and minced Garlic over the fish.
- Cover and bake for 1 Hour.
- Once an hour is up uncover the fish and let it bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with Buckwheat or rice.
Share your creations on Instagram with me @doublesidedspoon #doublesidedspoon
Also you can find me on PINTEREST