I am so addicted to this Russian spread! Each time i make it I’m eating it all day long. If you love beets you will absolutely love this recipe. Its so simple, only 3 ingredients. All you gotta do is saute each vegetable separately and enjoy it on some toasted or fresh bread!
The spread is good when its fresh and hot and also really good the next few days straight from the refrigerator and a warm slice of bread! You guys are gonna love it
Also for the ingredients make sure you have the same amount of each once they are shredded at chopped, it depends on what sizes you use if it will be the same amount of mine.
- Canola or Grape Seed Oil for frying
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 5 Carrots, shredded
- 3 large Beets, shredded
- Add about 3 tbsp oil to a skillet add the onions and fry on medium heat for about 10-15 min, mix occasionally. Once the onion is slightly starting to golden brown remove from the heat and add to a pot and cover
- Add the oil again and fry the carrots for about 10 minutes until soft, then add to the pot with the onions
- Add the oil and fry the beets just until soft, about 10 minutes, then add to the pot
- Mix all the ingredients together
Enjoy! warm the first day, then refrigerate and enjoy it cold the next day:)