As I was sorting through the pictures for this recipe I seriously started getting major cravings for this delicious dessert! Seriously guys its so good, you better have company over or you will be eating the whole ENTIRE thing yourself, I am not even kidding, I have no self control over this dessert, NADA!!!!
Anyways when we were visiting South Carolina for thanksgiving this year, my husbands best friends wife Rosa made this dessert and I fell in love with it at first bite haha, best jello mousse cake I have ever tried. Thank you Rosa for the recipe. Easiest and yummiest dessert ever! Is definitely my go to recipe now
Also I would really appreciate if you guys would leave me reviews on recipes you have tried, Means the world to me Enjoy!!!!
Crunchy Tuna Spread Recipe
Bottom Layer (Birds Milk -Ptichiya Malako)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 packets unflavored Gelatin
- 16 oz tub of Cool Whip (refrigerated) (NOT FROZEN)
- 16 Oz Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
Middle Layer (Strawberry Mousse)
- 6 oz Strawberry Jello Packages (2 Small Packages OR 1 Big)
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 8 Oz Cool Whip
Top Layer – Strawberry Jello
- 6 Oz Strawberry Jello package (2 Small Packages OR 1 Big)
- Boiling water according to package
- Cold Water 1/2 cup LESS than according to package
About 1 Cup Chopped Strawberries for Topping (once Jello is Set)
- To a small saucepan add 1 cup of milk and the 2 packets of gelatin .
- On medium heat whisk together the whole entire time until it starts to steam (Make sure NOT TO BOIL) Set aside to cool.
- Spray with cooking spray or just add a good amount of oil to a paper towel and smear all over a 3 QT – 9-13 IN pan.
- In a large whisking bowl blend together the Cool Whip, Sour Cream and Sugar.
- Once blended well, slowly add the warm milk mixture with the blender on.
- Immediately pour mixture into the greased pan, spread evenly and cover and refrigerate for 30 min or until set.
- Meanwhile add the Jello to 2 cups of boiling water, mix until dissolved completely and then add the 1/2 cup of cold water. Mix and refrigerate until the jello is jiggly (NOT FULLY SET)
- To a bowl add the jiggly jello and 8 Oz of Cool Whip and blend until smooth.
- Carefully spread over the bottom layer evenly and put it back into the refrigerator.
- Wait until the middle layer has set and then make the top layer of jello.
- Once room temp slowly add over the mousse and refrigerate until set.
- Add chopped strawberries before serving.
- You can make it a day or 2 in advance.
- Cut up into square pieces and ENJOY
About 12 square slices
Enjoy And please share you creations Instagram with me @doublesidedspoon #doublesidedspoon
Also you can now find me on PINTEREST
Have a great day everyone